SWTRA Roundabout Roadworks

Dear Parents and Carers,

As you will be aware, the South Wales Trunk Road Agency will be partially closing the A465 roundabout next week.  This is to allow important repairs to the concrete bridge.  The roadworks are scheduled to last for many weeks – it’s always difficult to predict how long roadworks will take so I can’t give a completion date for the works.

We are presently sorting out plans for getting our Aberdulais bus children to and from school safely, but I am sure you understand that Select Buses have to reroute many of their services at the moment, and it will be later this week before I can give clear information.  Please be assured that there will be safe and consistent transport in place for pupils.

While the roadworks are in place, there will be greatly increased congestion on the surrounding roads.   We know that some of our families are going to have a much more difficult journey to school each day.   Remember that Breakfast Club doors are open from 8.20 to 8.30am every day.  If you are running late – please do not worry.  The most important thing is that you drive carefully and everyone is safe.  We still have to observe social distancing between classes so we cannot change our start times, but don’t worry if pupils arrive late at school.

If there is anything else we can do to help, please just email or phone the school.

Kind regards,

Mark Quin