Year 3/4

Welcome to our Year 3/4 class page! 

My name is Mrs Lloyd and I am the Year 3/4 teacher.  I am responsible for developing computing and expressive arts in the school.  My classroom is right at the bottom of the stairs.  We have a main classroom with the C-Touch board where we all learn together, and another area for independent learning, challenges and art.  The lower junior library is right beside Year 4 and it is a magical woodland with beanbags – the perfect place to read a book!  Here are some photos:

Click here to read our welcome letter!

CONCEPTS

All teachers in Cilffriw Primary School work on the same concept each term.  That way, all pupils in the school can celebrate our learning together with a rich task at the end of term. 

Our concept for the Spring Term is SURVIVAL.  This term the rich task will be a science fair where children will present models and use them to explain scientific processes.  This year, we will be holding the science fair only for pupils, but we hope to invite parents in the future.

In Year 3/4, homework will be shared on a Monday and will need to be completed by Friday.

All pupils will now complete their weekly homework on Microsoft Teams. Your child will log into HWB as normal and access Microsoft Teams from the office 365 applications. Please read the guidance sheets and watch the video created by Mrs Lloyd to help you get started:

Click here for Microsoft Teams Help Sheets

Click here for Microsoft Teams Help Video

Useful Links:

Below are some useful links to support your child’s learning at home:

Click here for the first 100 High Frequency Word List 

Click here for the next 200 High Frequency Word List